Community Garden Registration Open
Mar 10, 2014 12:47PM ● Published by Steven Jack
Plots are available in two sizes 10X10 feet or 20X20 feet. The garden is located behind the South Point Community Center at 810 Preston Lane.
Fees for the 20X20 lot are $20 for residents and $29 for nonresidents. Fees for the 10X10 lot are $10 for residents and $19 for nonresidents.
According to the park district, one major improvement planned for this year is the addition of a water line and four hydrants placed throughout the gardens. Work on the line will begin as the weather improves.
Other on-sight amenities include:
- 6 water tanks until the water line is installed and running water is available
- Composting areas
- Wood chips on the 10 foot paths
- Handicapped accessible portable toilet
- Wood chips and organic compost
- Maintenance of unused plots
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 630.554.1010
Don't forget to sign up for the Only Oswego weekly newsletter and follow us on Facebook.