When Are Oswego's Fourth of July Fireworks?
Jun 23, 2014 05:03PM ● Published by Steven Jack
The fireworks display will be set up at Prairie Point Park and will begin at 9:30 p.m. and end 30 minutes later. The rain-out day is set for the same time and place on July 5.
All fireworks viewers are encourage to use the Traughber Junior High, Eastview Elementary, Oswego High and Prairie Point Elementary school parking lots. Handicap parking will be available through the school district's bus lot off Plank Road.
Temporary no parking signs will be posted at the following locations:
- Route 71 between Route 34 and Forest Ave.
- Franklin Street (the fire hydrant side only)
- Wilmette and Calumet Street
- Plainfield Road between Route 71 and Linden Drive
- Grove Road between Plainfield Road and Arboretum Way
- Those parking at lots at OHS and Eastview will only be allowed to travel northbound on Route 71
- Motorists traveling east on Franklin will only allowed to turn south on Route 71
- Traffic will not be allowed to travel westbound on Washington Street from Route 71 to Plainfield Road
- Motorists exiting Stonehill Road onto Wolf Road will be required to turn eastbound onto Woolley Road
- Westbound traffic on Plainfield Road will be required to travel only south on Route 71
- Motorists exiting onto Woolley Road from Traughber will only be allowed to travel north on Colchester Drive or east on Woolley.