Letter: Chamber Committee Honors Those Who Inspire
Nov 15, 2014 08:07PM ● Published by Steven Jack
Meredith Winn, Oswego was presented the Most Inspiring Youth of the Year from the Inspiring Women of Oswego, a committee of the Oswego Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday evening for her outstanding efforts this year for St. Baldrick’s.
Gallery: IWO Gallery [6 Images] Click any image to expand.
The Inspiring Women of Oswego is a committee of the Oswego Chamber of Commerce and hosts educational luncheons and networking events each year. Every year the committee picks a charity of the year and all fundraising efforts benefit that charity.
The 2014 charity was the Jarrett Payton foundation and due to generous donations and a matching donation from an anonymous donor we were able to present the Jarrett Payton Foundation with $3,478 dollars on Wednesday evening at our awards dinner.
The committee also announced their annual awards winners:
- The Most Inspiring Youth was Meredith Winn of Oswego
- The Community Give Back award was awarded to Carrie Niesman, Old Second Bank and co-chair of the Ambassador committee
- The Heart of Gold Award was awarded to Katherine Manola, owner of Go Dog Go
- The Most Inspiring Man was awarded to Keith Wolff, owner of Keith’s Car Care
- The Most Inspiring Women was awarded to Gail Gauger, Harbor Light Hospice, member of the Oswego Chamber board of Directors and co-chair of the Inspiring Women of Oswego committee.
Thank you also goes out to our Table sponsors: Bridgeview Bank, Breyne Lawn Service, CARSTAR of Yorkville, Senator Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant, Mutual Ground, Old Second Bank, Oswego Family YMCA, Oswego Junior Woman’s Club, R & D Yourself, Sage Spice Shop, Sam’s Club, Representative Kay Hatcher and Trinity Wellness Counseling.