Oswego Christmas Walk Set for This Weekend
Nov 19, 2014 11:02PM ● Published by Steven Jack
The Village of Oswego invites families to the annual Christmas Walk Celebration held on Friday, Dec. 5 – Sunday, Dec. 7 throughout Oswego. The festivities begin on Friday, Dec. 5, in downtown Oswego.
The following is a daily schedule of events:
Friday, Dec. 5
- 5 p.m. Christmas Walk begins on Main Street. Activities include Toyland Train rides, the Sledding Hill (giant slide), ice skating rink, ice carving demonstrations, strolling carolers and characters, holiday music, kids crafts and games, food vendors and shopping opportunities in the downtown businesses along Main Street. Also, make your way to Hudson Crossing Park for ride on the Belgian Draft Horse Hay Ride.
- 5:30 to 8 p.m. Visit Santa at the Garden Faire. Also, stop in at the Little While School Museum for treats and music.
- 7 p.m. The Silent, Illuminated Fire Truck parade will make its way down Main Street. Fire trucks from Oswego and other local fire departments will participate in this annual event.
Saturday, Dec. 6
- 8 to 11 a.m. Don't miss breakfast with Santa at the District 308 Center (old Traughber Junior High). This annual event is sponsored by Rotary Club of Oswego, Fox River Academy of Music and Art, Oswego Senior Center and the Oswego YMCA. Activities include breakfast, games, crafts and pictures with Santa.
- 9:30 to 3:30 p.m. Check out all your Country Market favorites at the old Fire Station #1 as the Oswegoland Park District hosts the Holiday Country Market.
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The annual Holiday Cookie Walk will take place in several participating Downtown businesses. Purchase a holiday bucket and then visit all of the participating merchants for a homemade holiday cookie. Buckets are available at Second Born Consignment, Floral Expressions, Marmalade Tree and Page's Popcorn for $7.
Sunday, Dec. 7
- 9 a.m. Lace up your running shoes for the annual Oswego YMCA Jingle Bell Jog. Get registration info here.