Oswego School District 308 Seeking Advisory Committee Members
Dec 11, 2014 08:34AM ● Published by Steven Jack
Each committee is comprised of residents, parents, and employees of School District 308. These committees evaluate current operations and develop recommendations for future improvements.
The monthly committee meetings take place in the early evenings for approximately two hours. All committee meetings are open to the public.
Ideal committee members are individuals with knowledge and/or experience in the committee area for which they apply. Committee members will be asked to serve staggered terms of either one or two years.
Although the committee can suggest recommendations for the superintendent to bring before the board, the board will not be bound by them.
Individuals interested in serving on one of the five advisory committees are asked to review the charge of each committee listed below and then complete the information form and submit it to the district.
- The Legislative Advisory Committee will work together as advocates for the district to discuss significant legislative issues related to education and provide input on those initiatives. This information will be presented to the Board of Education in an effort to establish open and consistent communication between the local, state, and national elected officials.
- The Teaching and Learning Advisory Committee will consider curriculum, staff development, student achievement, and other similar topics.
- The Facilities and Planning Advisory Committee will address long-range planning for facilities and other elements of facility development and construction, including student enrollment planning and projection, building capacity and utilization, and district boundaries.
- The Finance and Operations Advisory Committee will consider district finances, operations, and business practices.
- The Policy Development Advisory Committee will review policies, and oversee annual review cycles of board policies, including student handbooks.
To volunteer for an advisory committee use this form.
PROVIDED BY SCHOOL DISTRICT 308