What's Happening Saturday at PrairieFest?
Jun 20, 2015 08:02AM ● Published by Steven Jack
Check out the Bucket Brigade today at PrairieFest at 4 p.m. (Photo courtesy the PrarieFest Facebook page)
Sunny skies and 86 degrees are forecast, so make sure to grab the sunblock for activities all over town.
FOR THE KIDDOSFree pony rides Creating lasting memories and great photo opportunities from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Leonardo Parents’ Choice Award winning music that educates, entertains, and empowers from 11 am. to noon in the Children's Tent
Bucket Brigade Check out this annual water-soaked event put on by the Oswego Fire Protection District from 4 to 5:45 p.m.
FOR EVERYONEPrairie Paws Pet Adoption Welcome a new pet into your life at this adoption event from 10 a.m. to 2pm.
Dunk a Cop, Win a Donut Here's your chance from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. to soak one of Oswego's men in blue to raise money for Oswego Police Explorers and Special Olympics.
FOR THE GROWN-UPSSip & Savor Gastropub Event - Castle Bank Event Tent Taste unique bites and sample craft beers at this gastropub event.
Loverboy The can't miss headlining act best known for their hit Workin' for the Weekend take the Main Stage at 9 p.m.
• 6:00am – 8:00pm PrairieFest Dog Park, Prairie Point Park
Sponsored by the Oswegoland Park & Recreation Foundation
• 8:00am – 5:00pm PrairieFest Softball, Prairie Point Park Ballfields
Nothing says “summertime” like this classic ballgame!
• 9:00am – 2:00pm Blood Drive
Donate at the Heartland Blood Drive RV and receive a free Oberweis Ice Cream!
• 9:00am – 4:00pm Quilt Show, Little White School Museum
Quilts of past and present, demonstrations, and PrairieFest quilt raffle tickets for sale.
• 10:00am – 2:00pm Prairiepaws Pet Adoption Event
Expand your family with a lovable newcomer!
• 10:00am – 5:00pm Miller's Petting Zoo
• 10:00am – 9:00pm Expo village
Visit hundreds of crafters and businesses
• 10:30am Park District Dancers - Main Stage
• 11:00am – 4pm Free Pony Rides
• 11:00am – 6:00pm Dunk a Cop, Win a Donuts
Support the Explorer Post!
• 11:00am – Noon Leonardo - Children’s Tent
• 11:30am – Diaper Derby– Castle Bank Event Tent
Second Born Consignment and Oswego Mothers and More find the fastest baby in town!
• Noon – 10:00pm Windy City Amusement Carnival
$20 wristband special - unlimited rides from 12-4pm
• 12:30 – 1:30pm Polecate Annie, Children’s Tent
Watch her juggling, rope spinning, and old-time games of skill sanfordlee.com
• 2:00 – 3:00pm Leonardo, Children’s Tent
Parents’ Choice Award winning music that educates, entertains, and empowers, leonardomusic.com
• 3:00 – 5:00pm Bubble Soccer
Watch teams of 5 v. 5 get their bubble battle on!
• 3:30- 4:30pm Professor Farquar, Children’s Tent
Performing acts of illusion and flimflam, sanfordlee.com
• 4:00 – 7:00pm Fox Bend Family Golf, Fox Bend Golf Course
$5 Green Fee for parents playing with their kids! Optional $7 cart fee
• 4:00 – 5:45pm Bucket Brigade
Bring your team and compete or just come to watch!
Hosted by Oswego Fire Department
• 5:00 – 6:00pm Real Women Bellydance, Children’s Tent
• 9:00pm – 1:30am DJ – Last instigator, Oswego American Legion
• 6:00 – 9:00pm Sip & Savor Gastropub, Castle Bank Event Tent
Calling all foodies! Taste unique bites and sample craft beers at this gastropub event. Purchase your lanyard for $40!
• 6:30 – 8:30pm Nick Lynch - Main Stage
Featuring covers from Jason Aldean, Eric Church, and Bon Jovi
• 9:00pm Loverboy - Main Stage
The hot band of the 80s is taking the stage and cranking out their biggest hits including, “Workin for the Weekend,”Sponsored by Castle Bank