Skip to main content

Oswego Firefighters Douse Garage Fire

Jul 26, 2015 08:14PM ● Published by Steven Jack

Oswego firefighters responded to a garage fire in the 400 block of Newport Circle Sunday night. (Photo submitted by Rick Jacobsen)

Oswego Fire Protection District firefighters quickly extinguished a fire in the 400 block of Newport Circle Sunday night. 

According to a media release, firefighters were called to the home at about 6:10 p.m. for a report of a garage fire. When firefighters arrived they found a small fire in an outside wall of the attached garage. 

The fire was put out about 10 minutes later, and no injuries were reported, the fire district said.

The cause of the fire was deemed to be hot coals from a grill that had been placed too close to combustible materials. 

About $10,000 in damages were done to the home, the fire district said.
Today, News, Police & Fire, Police & Fire

It looks like we don't have any events for this date. You can always add an event.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required