Oswego Animal Hospital Participating in Clear the Shelter Day
Aug 14, 2015 01:16PM ● Published by Steven Jack
These three dogs are likely to be available for adoption during Saturday's Clear the Shelter day at the Oswego Animal Hospital.
Clear the Shelters is an adoption event that helps shelters relieve overcrowded conditions by reducing or waiving normal adoption fees. Only animals born before March 15 are eligible for adoption during this event.
In Oswego, adoption will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. All those wishing to adopt will still need to meet regular adoption requirements, including:
- Must be 21 years of age or older to adopt a cat, 23 years of age or older to adopt a dog.
- Must provide a copy of your lease agreement or association by laws if you live in an apartment, condo or townhouse
- Must provide documents/receipts that specify your cat or dog’s immunizations/required tests are current. If you know they are not current, bring the animals with you and can have them updated by the animal hospital that houses HSP. Click here for a list of vaccination/testing requirements.
- All adults in the household must be present and co sign the adoption agreement.
- All your currently owned dogs/cats must be spayed or neutered.
- County rabies tag fees still apply.
Each free adoption includes:
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Fecal test
- Heartworm test (dogs)
- Leukemia test (cats)
- Capstar flea treatment
- Microchip identification implant