Skip to main content

Oswego Firefighters Extinguish Bedroom Fire

Sep 17, 2015 07:16PM ● Published by Steven Jack

Oswego firefighters quickly extinguished a fire in a home in the 5000 block of Carpenter Avenue Thursday.

According to an Oswego Fire Protection District media release, firefighters were called to the home at about 4:20 p.m. for a report of a fire. When they arrived, firefighters found a small fire in an upstairs bedroom and quickly put it out. 

The home's residents had safely left the home before firefighters arrived. During a secondary search of the home the family's dog also was found unharmed.

Damages were estimated at about $20,000 and were contained to the bedroom. The cause was deemed accidental, and the home is still inhabitable, the OFPD said. 

Today, News

It looks like we don't have any events for this date. You can always add an event.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required