Oswego Police Explorers Post Has Openings
Sep 22, 2015 02:38PM ● Published by Steven Jack
Members of the Oswego Police Explorers Post recently participated in a training on traffic stops and high risk/felony traffic stops with non-compliant individuals. (Submitted photo)
The Oswego Police Department Explorers Post currently has openings for students ages 14-20. Explorers receive professional instruction and mentoring from members of the Oswego Police Department on a regular basis.
Benefits to Exploring include:
- Stimulated interest in continual education
- Career information; insight into future vocation
- Positive alternative to negative youth activities, such as drug abuse and involvement with gangs
- Sense of acceptance and belonging to the “right” group
- Safe environment for adult-like activities
- Opportunities to participate in practical, real, and meaningful hands-on experiences
- New career and personal skills
- Opportunities to try leadership roles and develop skills
- Cooperative relationship between adults and youth
- Service to others
The Oswego Police Department has had their own Explorer's Post in place for about three years. Law Enforcement Exploring allows young adults to experience Law Enforcement with hands-on involvement. Its purpose is to provide experiences to help young adults mature and to prepare them to become responsible adults.