Full Oswego Christmas Walk Schedule Announced
Dec 01, 2015 07:09PM ● Published by Steven Jack
Expect traffic delays during Christmas Walk festivities Friday night. (Photo courtesy of the Oswego Tourism Bureau)
The Village of Oswego invites families to the annual Christmas Walk Celebration, held Friday, Dec. 4 – Sunday, Dec. 6 throughout Oswego.
Friday, Dec. 4
- 5 p.m. Christmas Walk begins on Main Street. Activities include Toyland Train rides, the Sledding Hill (giant slide), ice skating rink, ice carving demonstrations, strolling carolers and characters, holiday music, kids crafts and games, food vendors and shopping opportunities in the downtown businesses along Main Street. Also, make your way to Hudson Crossing Park for ride on the Belgian Draft Horse Hay Ride.
- 5 p.m. Stop by the the Oswego Chamber office at 75 Van Buren St. for free kids movies, warming station, wreath raffle and drop off for the Kendall County Food Pantry
- 5:30 to 8 p.m. Visit Santa at the Garden Faire.
- 7 p.m. “It’s A Wonderful Life” will be performed at The Little White School Museum Tickets are $8.00 for adults and $6.00 for students/seniors. Hosted by Oswegoland Park District’s Limelight Theatre Company.
- 7 p.m. The Silent, Illuminated Fire Truck parade will make its way down Main Street. Fire trucks from Oswego and other local fire departments will participate in this annual event.
- 7 to 9 p.m. First annual Junior High Dance at the Oswego YMCA
Saturday, Dec. 5
- 8 to 11 a.m. Don't miss breakfast with Santa at the District 308 Center (old Traughber Junior High). This annual event is sponsored by Rotary Club of Oswego, Fox River Academy of Music and Art, Oswego Senior Center and the Oswego YMCA. Activities include breakfast, games, crafts and pictures with Santa.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The annual Holiday Cookie Walk will take place in several participating Downtown businesses. Purchase a holiday bucket and then visit all of the participating merchants for a homemade holiday cookie. Tins can be purchased now at Second Born Consignment, Floral Expressions and Gifts, Lil Emms, The Marmalade Tree and Page's Popcorn while supplies last.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Church of the Good Shepherd Vendor Show and entertainment
- 3 p.m. Fox Valley Festival Chorus Holiday Concert at Oswego Presbyterian Church
- 4 p.m. Holiday Recital Showcase with Fox River Academy of Music and Art and Dance with Flair at Thompson Junior High School