OYTF Announces Upcoming Registration Nights
Jan 27, 2016 03:34PM ● Published by Steven Jack
They look forward to having returning and new families join them for their 37th season in 2016. In 2015, OYTF had 4 football teams make it to the Super Bowl and ALL of their cheer squads took 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place for their level. They are looking to build on the success that 2015 brought and make 2016 even better.
You can register to sign your child(ren) up for football and/or cheerleading at sports.bluesombrero.com/oytf starting Feb. 1.
The OYTF football & cheer program in Oswego is set up for the kids living in the Oswego 308 school boundaries. OYTF is the only program in Oswego that splits their teams up strictly by grade and not by age and weight.
This allows the kids to play with and compete against kids in their grade and not worry about going against kids 2-3 years older than them. By playing with kids in your own grade, it makes a world of difference in player safety and not to mention building team chemistry and making new friends.
- Teams are constructed by grade not weight (8u = 1st-3rd and then there will be two teams at each of the following grades 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th)
- Helmet (new 2015), Shoulder Pads (new 2015), rib guards, and personalized jersey (you keep) are all included in players fee
- All coaches are USA Football Head's up certified before every season
- There will be trainers at every game
- Games are typically played on Saturday or Sunday
- We are part of the Midwest Big 12 Youth Football Conference and those teams include Yorkville, Plano, Sandwich, DeKalb, St. Raphael, Kaneland, and Burlington
- Squads are constructed by grade
- Squads participate in weekly football games and a large competition at the end of the regular season
- Cheerleading program will now follow American Recreation Cheerleading guidelines and will be able to hold a coaching clinic with an IHSA certified judge
- Personalized warm-up jacket an pants (you keep) and cheer uniform are included in cheer fee
- Trainers at every game
- Only play teams locally (within an hour)
- All cheerleaders and football players practice at the same location (Grande Park), across Ridge Road from Murphy Junior High
- 3 Days (T-Th) of practice once school starts until the end of the season. Practice is 5 days a week for football the first 2 weeks until school starts and 4 days a week for cheerleaders
- Thursday, February 18th from 7pm-9pm at Thompson Jr. High for Returning Families
- Tuesday, February 23rd from 7pm-9pm at Plank Jr. High for New Families
- Saturday, March 5th from 9am-11am at Thompson Jr. High for All Families
- $195 per Cheerleader
- $325 per Football Player
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OYTF