Oswego Police Release July 4 Parking, Traffic Restrictions
Jun 28, 2016 07:50AM ● Published by Steven Jack
The fireworks display will be set up at Prairie Point Community Park, located on Prairie Point Elementary School grounds between Plainfield and Grove Roads. The display will begin at 9:30 p.m. and end at 10:00 p.m.
All fireworks viewers are encouraged to use the parking lots of Traughber Junior High School, Eastview Elementary, Prairie Point Elementary and Oswego High School. Handicap parking will be available in the school district’s Bus Transportation lot on Plank Road.
Temporary ‘no parking’ signs will be posted at the following locations:
- Rt. 71 between Rt. 34 & Forest Avenue
- Franklin Street (fire hydrant side only)
- Wilmette & Calumet Street •
- Plainfield Road between Rt. 71 & Linden Drive
- Grove Road between Plainfield Road & Arboretum Way
As a reminder, parking on private property is prohibited unless you have prior permission from the land owner.
To alleviate traffic congestion, traffic patterns will be altered at several intersections throughout the area and at school parking lot exits. The areas affected by these changes include:
- Both parking lots of the Oswego High School and Eastview Elementary will only be allowed to travel northbound on Rt. 71 (If they are open due to construction).
- Motorists traveling east on Franklin St. will only be allowed to turn southbound onto Rt. 71
- Traffic will not be allowed to travel westbound Washington St. from Rt. 71 or Plainfield Rd.
- Motorists exiting Stonehill Rd. onto Wolf Rd. will be required to turn eastbound onto Wolf’s Crossing only
- Motorists exiting Stonehill Rd. onto Woolley Rd. will be required to turn eastbound onto Woolley Rd.
- Westbound traffic on Plainfield Rd. will be required to travel only southbound on Rt. 71
- Motorists exiting onto Woolley Rd. from the Traughber Junior High School lot will only be allowed to travel northbound on Colchester Dr. or eastbound on Woolley Rd.
Oswego Police Officers, Community Service Officers, and Oswego Police Explorers will be located at intersections most affected by the increase in traffic and will assist with traffic control in these areas.
In an effort to reduce traffic congestion, all people driving to the event are asked to carpool. You are also asked to remain patient while traffic is clearing. Traffic exit/entrance points adjacent to Route 71 are subject to change at the last minute pending any closed roadways due to the Route 71 expansion project.
PROVIDED BY OSWEGO POLICE