New Leaders, Name Change Now Official at Food Pantry
Aug 11, 2016 07:50PM ● Published by Shannon Antinori
Photo provided by Jerry Bannister
A new chapter for the former Kendall County Food Pantry started this week.
Now known as the Kendall County Community Food Pantry, the organization announced that its new name and new leadership took effect Thursday morning.
Board chairman for the new KCCFP is Greg Witek, Little Rock-Fox fire chief, KenCom executive board chair and CEO of PathPage Technologies.
Other new board members are:
- Kendall County Sheriff Dwight Baird
- Pantry Operations Director Rick Bill
- First National Bank Executive Vice President Stan Free
- Millbrook Village President Jackie Kowalski
- City of Naperville Operations Manager Fred Kreinbrink
- Fox Valley YMCA Board Chair Becky Morphy
- Nelson Multimedia CEO/KenCom Finance Chair Larry Nelson
- Food pantry Office Manager Tandy Pinter
- Meadow Dairy President Steve Steinwart
- Retired Chief Judge and counsel to Mahoney, Silverman and Cross Grant Wegner
“Speaking for the new corporation’s directors, we’re honored to be asked-in and now associated with such a dedicated and caring team of volunteers,” Witek said.
The KCCFP was established “to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the pantry and the continued care for and support of the existing clients who depend on the pantry for so many of their weekly needs,” the new board said in a press release.
The new name and change in leadership were prompted by several months of turmoil at the pantry, including an ongoing investigation of alleged missing funds and “suspicious transactions,” and the death of former Executive Director Maria Spaeth.
Speath and her husband, former treasurer Ken Spaeth, resigned from the pantry in June, just weeks before her death.
For more information about the newly formed board or name change, contact the KCCFP at email@example.com or 630-708-2208.