Friday Night Oswego Christmas Walk Activities
Dec 02, 2016 03:50PM ● Published by Steven Jack
Photo courtesy of the village of Oswego.
Friday, Dec. 2 in Downtown Oswego 5-9 p.m.
Main Street Activities
- Taste of Oswego Food Vendors: Church of the Good Shepherd, Chick-fil-A, Fay’s Kabobs, Genoa Italian Concessions,Grumpy Gaucho Food Truck, Johnson Bros, Lorraine Chapter #70, Order of Eastern Star, Oswego American Legion, Oswego Inn, The Happy Lobster Food Truck, Yum Dum Food Truck, Village Grind Coffee & Tea Co.
- Visit with the Grinch on Main Street, stop him for a photo!
- Toyland Train rides - train stops on Main at Van Buren and Jefferson - sponsored by the Oswego Chamber of Commerce
- Sledding Hill (Giant Slide) - Main St. at Jackson
- Ice Carving Demonstrations by Chicago Ice Works - 7-9 p.m.
- 7 p.m. Illuminated Silent Fire Truck Parade: Parade Route: Line-up at District 308 Center, to Jackson Street, to Monroe Street, to Jefferson Street, through Five Corners to Main Street, to Van Buren Street, and return to District 308 Center.
- Kiwanis of Oswego offering free kids activities for all ages, stop by to make magical reindeer food!
- Visit the VIP Service Dog booth to meet our dogs and learn how to help our program.
- Oswego Junior Women’s Club will be selling light up novelties and glow sticks. They will also be accepting letters to Santa.
- Hilltop Gardeners Club will offer a free raffle drawing of an outdoor winter arrangement, free pinecone bird feeder kits for the children as well as club information.
- Let the Girl Scouts of Troop 4806 do your holiday baking! Cookies, breads, brownies, and snacks will be sold.
- Oswegoland Woman’s Civic Club annual cookie sale and signing Christmas Cards for Vets at the new Hudson Design House, 76 Main Street (previously ReJoyce Antiques).
- Stop in Floral Expressions and Gifts for all of your holiday gift giving needs!
- Visit 3 Squared Self Defense to learn a quick and fun self-defense technique and play a fun game of snowball fight.
- The Oswego Toastmasters will tell and read Christmas stories, stop and listen.
- Beautiful handcrafted goat milk soap, perfect gift for Christmas from Naturally Simple Soap.
- Dominion Martial Arts will host a bonfire, smores and information about their programs including free trials.
- Joe’s Brick Depot booth will have a great selection of Lego sets, parts and mini figures.
- Brothers Country Supply will be on Main Street providing information about the way they make a pets quality of life better.
- Santa is Coming! Stop at the Lorraine Chapter #70, Order of Eastern Star for gifts, hot dogs, brats and warmth. The elves are waiting!
- Boy Scout Troop 63 will be selling mistletoe.
- Wheatland Salem United Methodist Church will be doing dramatic readings and searching for Nativity scene items.
- Fox River Academy performs at the Oswego Library from 6:30-7pm
Van Buren Street Activities
- Stop in and warm up at the Oswego Chamber of Commerce (73 W. Van Buren)! We will have kids activities, 50/50 raffle, food drop off for the Kendall County Community Food Pantry, and pictures with characters!
- Fox River Academy offers a free holiday art project open to kids and adults; on campus at Fox River Academy (26 W. Van Buren) 5-8:30 p.m.
Oswego Village Hall Activities
- Free Belgian Draft Horse Wagon Rides, warming station and indoor restrooms.
Washington Street Activities
- Fish fry buffet, free hot chocolate and marshmallow roasting over and open fire at the Oswego American Legion from 4:30-7:30 p.m. and a DJ starting at 8 p.m.
- Stop in at the Church of Good Shepherd and get warmed by our Chili & Pie Supper, and warm your hearts with a tour of our sanctuary filled with dozens of Nativity Displays from 4:30-7:30pm, Fox River Academy students will also perform.