Skip to main content

Improperly Discarded Cigarette Causes Small Porch Fire

Feb 09, 2017 05:23PM ● Published by Steven Jack

Oswego Fire Protection District firefighters quickly extinguished a small fire in the 200 block of Chicago Road Thursday afternoon.

According to a media release from the OFPD, firefighters were called to the scene at about 12:45 p.m. for a report of a small fire in the wall of the home's porch. 

The fire was quickly extinguished, but about $3,000 damage was done.

A resident of the home also received a minor injury, according to the Fire Protection District.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an improperly discarded cigarette, fire officials said.

Today, News, Police & Fire, Police & Fire

It looks like we don't have any events for this date. You can always add an event.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required