District 308 Recognizes December, January PRIDE Winners
Mar 02, 2017 08:05AM ● Published by Steven Jack
Gallery: PRIDE WINNERS [2 Images] Click any image to expand.
Each month the PRIDE program allows the Board of Education to formally recognize the efforts of teachers, employees, and volunteers who are engaged in exceptional work across District 308.
Teacher of the Month awards recognize two individual teachers’ contributions of excellence. The December 2016 and January 2017 teachers of the month are:
- December’s Sean O’Neill, a teacher in Oswego East High School’s Emotional Disability program
- December’s Annie Simmons, a teacher at Southbury Elementary School, Mastery Connect coach, and member of Southbury’s Rising Star team
- January’s Christopher Kowalski, a music teacher at Fox Chase Elementary.
- January’s Mary Nameche, a special education teacher at Boulder Hill Elementary School
- December’s Sue Liskunas, an office secretary at Murphy Junior High School
- December’s Sheila Paisley, a teacher’s assistant at Boulder Hill Elementary School
- January’s Maria Latuszek, a building engineer for Boulder Hill Elementary School
- January’s Debbie Smith, a district administrative accountant
- December’s Belinda Brooks, a volunteer with Oswego East High School’s athletic boosters, Parents for Education and Global Success, and other organizations
- December’s Jim Buchanan, a 12-year volunteer at Boulder Hill Elementary School who has also led the Father’s Forum
- January’s Rick Stopinski, a seven-year parent volunteer at Prairie Point Elementary School
- January’s Michael Kalecki, a Wolf’s Crossing Elementary School volunteer who has organized and successfully executed the school’s Science Fair, is active in the scouts program, and was integral in getting a robotics club
If you know someone deserving of the award, you can nominate him or her using the link on School District 308’s website, the SD308phone app or via mail. Details for the nomination process are also listed on the website. Any School District 308 colleague, administrator, student, parent, community member or alumnus can make the nomination. Self-nominations are not accepted.
SUBMITTED BY SCHOOL DISTRICT 308